Zinc is one of the trace minerals that your body requires to maintain optimal health.
Zinc picolinate is Zinc bound to the picolinic acid that our body can more easily absorb than other forms of Zinc.
Take 1 capsule daily
- General immune booster and helps stimulate the immune system to function better.
- Detox: Zinc Picolinate can also help the body rid itself of many types of toxins; doctors commonly recommend this supplement to treat exposure to Lead and heavy metal toxicity.
- Zinc Picolinate supplementation can help control acne.
- This type of Zinc is also recommended for pregnant women since pregnancy can result in a Zinc deficiency,
and Zinc is required for the proper development of the foetus.
- Prostate and liver : Zinc Picolinate can help prevent and treat conditions such as prostate enlargement, liver disease and cirrhosis; and Zinc combined with other antioxidants including Vitamin C, E and Beta-carotene, may be helpful in slowing the progression of age related macular degeneration.
Absorption of Zinc in your body is a complex process that involves the Zinc passing through your intestinal membranes, into your blood stream and into your individual cells. Your body also requires Zinc as a primary component to support metabolism in your body.
In a study designed to measure the comparative absorption rates of different forms of Zinc, scientists measured Zinc levels in test subjects, hair, skin and urine since these areas contain the largest concentrations of Zinc in the human body.
A study (www.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3630857) showed that Zinc Picolinate had better absorption in test subjects than either Zinc Citrate or Zinc Gluconate.
Infact after a four week period the study found a significant increase in Zinc levels in the group that used the Zinc Picolinate supplement, compared to no significant change in the Zinc levels for the test subjects receiving the Zinc Citrate, Zinc Gluconate or a placebo supplement.