Doctor's Formulas Liposomal Benfotiamine 100 mg is an oral dietary supplement containing vitamin B1 (as thiamine hydrochloride) and benfothiamine, the fat-soluble form of vitamin B1 that has the ability to penetrate cells more easily than water-soluble thiamine.
Thiamine is characterized by important biological actions as it contributes to:
- the normal functioning of metabolic processes aimed at energy production *
- normal functioning of the nervous system *
- normal psychological function *
- normal heart function *
The liposomal formulation allows for the higher absorption of its active substances and vitamins. Liposomes have several advantages for delivery of vitamin and food supplements:
- protect the active substance from oxidation and degradation in acidic pH of the stomach,
- increase the absorption and the bioavailability in comparison to free and to other conventional pharmaceutical carriers (i.e. tablets, suspension, and capsules).
resulting in higher absorption rate
Adults: 5 ml (1 teaspoon) daily or as directed by your doctor.
it can be mixed with water or juice
* The above information about Τhiamine is an official health claim by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), EU Regulation No. 432/2012, No. EFSA Journal 2009 · 7 (9): 1222 [Thiamine], 2010 · 8 (10): 1755 [Thiamine]